Let’s make pancakes!
Toddlers love to help out in the kitchen and this quick and easy recipe will tickle their taste buds too.
50g plain flour
25g melted butter
– Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the egg.
– Use a balloon whisk to mix the egg into the flour and gradually whisk in the milk until smooth.
– Brush a heavy based 15-18cm frying pan with the melted butter and when hot, pour in about 2 tablespoons of the batter.
– Tilt the pan from side to side to form a thin layer of batter and cook for one minute.
– Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook until the underside is slightly golden.
– Continue with the rest of the batter, brushing the pan with melted butter when necessary.
– Serve with some chopped fresh fruit.